It’s the Holiday Season! Which means, among other things (#heisthegift)… Christmas music playing in all the stores, gingerbread cookies in the oven, scented candles, sparkly lights, and mad dashes to the store or online to find that perfect gift for your friends and family that love to travel. Well here are some ideas that every traveler probably already has on their wish list, or if not, they do now 😉 These travel-inspired gifts will make anyone (even me!) rejoice on Christmas morning. Here is A Traveler’s Wish List 2014:
1. There’s a Map for That Necklace. Not only is it a piece of jewelry that makes a statement, but it can also start a conversation! Wear a world map wherever you go, talk about your travels, and inspire others to do the same. (Tip: If sold out, sign-up for a notification when it’s back in stock!)
2. Travel-Size Scratch Map. Who wouldn’t want to scratch off all the countries they’ve been to with a penny? If this doesn’t inspire you to visit even more countries (just for the satisfaction of scratching them off!), then I don’t know what.
3. Places to Go, People to See. By Kate Spade. This is the coolest travel coffee book I’ve ever seen! Beautiful, colorful images and interesting quotes. Travel the world through the eyes of the fashionable Kate Spade (think: chic destinations and fashionable people).
4. Olloclip 4-In-1 Lens for iPhone. My sister gifted me this for my previous phone, and I absolutely loved it! Choose a lens: Macro (for extreme close-ups!), Wide-angle (when you need to capture just a little bit more – great for landscapes), or Fish-Eye (the magnified fishbowl look). You’d be surprised at the snazzy photos you can take with your phone!
5. Eye-Fi Mobi Wi-Fi Memory Card. Transfer your photos from your camera to your iPhone or laptop as you take them – wirelessly. Wow! Just wow.
6. Around the World on 12 Tables Calendar. Each month on the calendar has an illustration of a table with foods from different countries. Yum! Perfect for Traveling Foodies/Foodie Travelers.
7. Speakeasy Travel Scarf with Hidden Pocket. WITH. HIDDEN. POCKET. This is genius! Why didn’t I think of that!? Wear a cute scarf while you travel and avoid having to wear those hideous hidden money pouches around your neck or waist. Stick your cash, passport, or other small valuables inside your scarf, keep calm, and travel on!
If you are looking for more ideas, check out my Pinterest page “Gifts for Travelers.” I’ll be updating the board throughout the week.
Have you come across any cool travel-inspired gifts? Please let me know! Happy Shopping! and Merry Christmas.