ANTIGUA & BARBUDA
- Visit historic Nelson’s Dockyard, a cultural heritage sight and marina
- Fabulous views at Shirley Heights
- Turner’s beach
- Drive along Fig Tree Drive through rainforests and plantations
- Talk to the the locals-they are really friendly! They may even let you play a game of Mancala with them.
- Spend all your time at the beach, as there’s not much else to see on the island. Pick one or two…you can’t go wrong. They are all beautiful!
Antigua was one of the stops on our Caribbean cruise with Celebrity Summit. We booked a day tour through the cruise line called “Scenic Antigua and Beach.” We started out the day in a minibus touring a few villages, then drove through the rain forest and up to the top of Shirley Heights. The panoramic view of English Harbor from Shirley Heights is absolutely breathtaking. Then, we wound back down to Nelson’s Dockyard and learned about the history of the island. We spent the rest of the day relaxing at Turner’s beach under the shade of some palm trees. It was a great day!