TURKS & CAICOS
- Stay at the Sibonne Beach Hotel in Providenciales. It’s a great value and excellent location! The Bay Bistro at the hotel is well known for their brunch and homemade ice cream.
- Try conch chowder at Mr. Grouper’s Restaurant
- Other restaurant recommendations: Coco Bistro; Hemingway’s Restaurant at The Sands; Somewhere Cafe & Lounge near Bight Reef
- Bring your own snorkel equipment. They have reefs right off the beach! Bight Reef is a top diving and snorkeling spot located in front of Coral Gardens condos
- Their currency is the U.S. Dollar.
It was great to be able to spend a long weekend relaxing on the beach with some of my close friends. We planned this trip as kind of one last hurrah for a while in advance of two of my friends having their babies. It was a great trip! I was so impressed with the cleanliness of the beaches, the friendliness of the locals, and the relaxed atmosphere.
We stayed at one of the oldest resorts on the famous Grace Bay Beach. While it wasn’t 5 star, it was in the perfect location and was a great value. From there, we could walk along the beach in either direction towards great swimming spots, restaurants, other resorts, and even a coral reef where you can walk right from the beach and snorkel. I’m declaring Grace Bay Beach as one of my favorite beaches in the world!
On our last night, we dressed up and went out to Crackpot Kitchen for delicious food, live music, and dancing. The owner of the restaurant, who was made famous by starring on a reality tv show, came out and asked each of us 5 ladies to dance with him. Everyone was dancing and laughing. We had a great time!
My trip unfortunately ended with me in the Emergency room because of a back injury, but at least it was the last day, and they cleared me to fly back home. Boo. But they took such good care of me!
I’d love to go back to do what I missed out on (paddle boarding and more beach time)!