- Grand Bahama Island:
- Stay at the Grand Lucayan Resort in Freeport.
- Right across from the Grand Lucayan is Port Lucaya Marketplace if you’d like to do some duty free shopping or treat yourself to ice cream on a hot day. The marketplace also has some good restaurant options and live music and entertainment in the evenings.
- Zorba’s was pretty good. They have Greek, American, and Bahamian dishes, so there’s pretty much something for everyone!
- Try conch salad at Billy Joe’s on Lucaya Beach. There’s a great local vibe, reggae music, and fresh conch that they catch and prepare right in front of you!
- There’s not much to see in downtown Nassau. Instead, go spend the day on Paradise Island (where the famous Atlantis resort is) for fun and adventure or take a day trip out to Rose Island if you want to relax.
The Bahamas! I can’t seem to get enough of it. It’s such a beautiful place and the people are so friendly. Those beaches! That water! Those palms! Those sunsets! For some reason, when planning my trips down there to escape the cold Boston winters, my cheapest option has always been to take a cruise instead of flying down there directly. I’ve traveled with the Bahamas Celebration 2x out of West Palm Beach and another time out of Charleston, SC with Carnival.
The Grand Lucayan resort is amazing. It’s big but not enormous, clean, well manicured, never too crowded (and I’ve been there 3 different times of year), has lots of activities, an amazing infinity pool, great location, and the most beautiful wide, soft-sand beach and clean, clear ocean water. I love it so much–I’ve been 3 times! And I’m already dreaming about when I can go back.