- Angkor Wat ancient temple site
- Ride an elephant
- Watch the sunrise or sunset from The Hill of Phnom Bakheng
- Weave through the crazy traffic in a Tuk-Tuk in downtown Phnom Penh
- Visit the Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum to learn about the Khomer Rouge Regime
- The Silver Pagoda within the Royal Palace compound
- Beware the crazy traffic in Phnom Penh! Bikes, Motorcycles, cars, trucks, elephants, rickshaws, oh my!
- Buy a Cambodian scarf in the market to keep your head cool in the heat.
- Everything is pretty cheap in Cambodia. They accept dollars, so if you don’t want to end up with tens of thousands of Cambodian KHR left over, take small US dollar bills.
- You may want to negotiate to hire one Tuk-Tuk driver to be your designated guide for your stay. They will appreciate the business and you will be grateful to not have to worry about the hassle of flagging one down or getting cheated. Bonus- they know their city well and can show you around places you otherwise may not have known about.
- If you’ll be visiting any of the Buddhist temples or religious sites, shorts for men and women are usually frowned upon. Women may want to wear a scarf around bare shoulders went entering the temples.